Objective of the course
To impart necessary knowledge & skill to the trainees in the trade so that they are able to seek
self-employment or employment as skilled worker in the area of patterns making, machine operation
or quality control in an industrial establishment.
Candidates who have successfully undertaken a basic skill course in Tailoring & Dress making.
Course Duration : 60 days
Pattern making - block pattern; garment pattern; Cutting, Finishing & Stitching of garments, &
Handling of special machines & equipment used for cutting, stitching & finishing of garment;
manipulation; Quality Control,
Candidate able to
* Draft Block patterns and developed these into garment patterns.
* Handle special machines/equipment used for cutting stitching & finishing of garments
* Use economic layout techniques for cutting of cloth from patterns of garment component;
* Cut, stitch, finish garments for ladies, gents & children using different style & feature in vague
* Carry out stage inspection & final inspection & record result in standard formats.
The workshop, developed/being developed for this course, is equipped with special machines like
Industrial type sewing machine, fusing machine, Basting machine, Button & Button- Hole machine,
lock-stitch machine; cutting machines; etc.